Data Specialist / Data Manager opportunity!
*** We are NOT looking for a Data Scientist or Developer for this mission !!! ***
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Until end of 2020
Languages: English and French or Dutch
My customer is responsible for the Project Management of large infrastructure projects. They carry out feasibility studies, draws up technical plans and monitor construction work. They also put their competences at the service of foreign projects.
These activities generate and use large amounts of data in various forms, and for this they are looking for a Data Specialist who can guarantee both the technical and analytical part of data management, but can also model and conceptualize it at organizational level.
As a Data Specialist you are responsible for supervising the development and use of company data systems, and guaranteeing that all information from, within and to the company is timely and secure in consultation with the CISO, and within the defined framework of the information security policy.
What are you going to do:
* Develop and implement procedures for effective data management.
* Establishing rules and procedures for data sharing.
* Supervising and guiding employees in the daily use of data systems.
* Ensure compliance with legal and corporate data usage regulations.
* Continuously developing data management strategies.
* Regular monitoring and evaluation of information and data systems
* Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
* Helping to develop reports and analyzes.
* Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting in strategic decisions about new systems.
* Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
* Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining and data cleaning
* Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
* Manage all incoming data flows.
* Management of master data, including creation, updating, deletion and archiving.
* Management of users and user roles.
* Ensure quality assurance of imported data
* Commissioning and dismantling of data sets.
* Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
* Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security and metadata.
* Managing our master data set, developing reports and solving data problems.
* Solving problems with the database environment and reports.
* Support the data warehouse in identifying and reviewing reporting requirements.
* Support initiatives for data integrity and standardization.
* Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* Minimum 5+ years of experience in data management or analysis
* An analytical mindset to decipher and organize large amounts of data
* Communication and problem solving skills.
* The ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms.
* Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
* Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide recommendations for software solutions.
* The ability to translate business requirements into non-technical lay terms.
* High-level experience with methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
* Demonstrable experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
* Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
* Written and verbal communication skills of a high level.
To succeed in this role requires a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst and an in-depth understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. You must also have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
You express yourself fluently in French and/or Dutch. You write your documentation in English