EDI Specialist Needed!
One of my key clients, based near Mons, are looking for an EDI specialist.
As the EDI specialist you will work with employees at all levels, within the IT department as well as in the business area. You will support accurate, proper data exchanges with all of the client's business partners as well as within the client's organisation itself.
As the EDI specialist you will lead in conjunction with the EDI service provider all project activities to implement new connections, new messages and upgrades of consisting messages. You will report on a daily basis to (to be decided) and periodically to the EDI steering committee.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing first-line support on all questions from the EDI business partners, BO and IT
- Establishing and maintaining, in conjunction with other IT application specialists (SAP, Easy Metal, own developed applications like L3 and Costo), the in-house EDI (master) data environment to provide and process XML files and iDoc's (sending and receiving) from the EDI service provider
- Establishing and maintaining contact with the EDI service provider and enabled trading partners
- Analysing the exception reports of the exchanged messages with the business partners and take actions to solve problems if they occur.
- Detect from the data records, based on the exception reporting, errors and start, within the client and/or the business partner, activities to correct failures as a result of wrong (master) data controlled by the business partner and or the service provider.
- Detect from the data records, based on among others the exception reporting, message routing errors
- Act as the linking pm between the EDI business partners, the service provider and IT
- Control the progress on all error cases under investigation, and scale up if necessary
- Discuss improvement options, functional perspective, with ail involved departments within the company
You will also have the opportunity to act as the overall project manager to establish on request of the business new connections with business partners in close conjunction with the EDI service provider.
Competences of the EDI Specialist:
- IT background and skills, Business Data Analyst II
- At least two to three years of industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal and multitasking skills
- Good analytical skills
- The ability to easily read and understand complex (English) documents
- Knowledge of different Standards and EDI flows.
- Experience in managing the implementation of EDI flows
- Good knowledge of XML and the Windows office product's
- Presentation and education skills
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Near Mons
Contract Length: 1 year +++
Languages: French and English
Rate: €550 - €600 / day